This app will allow you to conveniently access and browse your Microsoft Office documents, such as word, ppt, and excel files, without having to open each individual app. As the experience of using Microsoft Office on an Android device differs significantly from that of using it on a desktop or laptop computer, this article might assist you in learning some tips for using Microsoft Office on an Android device:
1. Download document to your phone
Using a portable device to access your data has never been easier as the Microsoft Office app saves all files to OneDrive by default. This is when you may use the file offline, whenever you experience various internet connection challenges, by downloading it to your phone. To download files to your phone, you must locate the file you want and touch on the Download or Cloud-like symbol that appears next to the file.
2. Convert To PDF
A file may be converted to PDF directly from the Microsoft Office application. Excel, Word, and Powerpoint files may easily be converted to PDF using the same Android app. You must first select a file to work with before you can generate a PDF. Tap the three-dotted icon, and then select Convert to PDF as your output format. It’ll then be possible to utilize the Save As function to give the document a name and designate a location for its permanent storage.
3.Hide a file off the home screen
Microsoft Office features two areas on the home screen – Home and Actions – which are used to navigate between the various sections. The Home tab shows a list of all the files that you have produced or changed in the last few days. If you prefer to have a certain file hidden from the home screen, you may hide it by pressing the three-dotted icon on the file you wish to hide then tap remove from list option.
4. Sign a PDF
Suppose you need to sign a file online and it just so happens that it is in a PDF format which can be quite more complicated than signing on a Word document. Microsoft Office may be used to execute a step as basic as signing a piece of paper in a short amount of time and efficiently. The following are the procedures that must be taken in order to sign a PDF file:
- Navigate to the Actions section.
- Select the Sign a PDF option from the drop-down menu.
- Open the PDF document that has to be signed.
- Tap on the document where you’ll be signing it to bring up the signature prompt.
- Sign the appropriate sign on your screen by tapping on it.
- To save the document, tap on the appropriate indication once again.
- Afterwards, your file will be stored along with a digital signature attached.
5. Scanning a document
Microsoft Office for Android comes with two scanning options: scan text to make a Word document and scan table to create an Excel file. You also have an option to scan with your camera and create a file that corresponds to the scan results. Let’s say you have some text to scan and you want to do so quickly. To accomplish this, take these steps:
- To begin, press the large plus (+) sign.
- Choose Word from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Scan text option from the drop-down menu.
- Take a picture of the text with your camera.
- Click on the Done button to complete the process.
- Afterwards, you are free to save the file wherever you choose
6. Dictate Words
You could have trouble inputting long paragraphs using a mobile device.
If this is the case, you can use the Dictation feature to type quickly in Microsoft Word documents. Take the following actions to achieve your goal:
- In the Microsoft Office application, open a Word document.
- To access the three-dotted symbol in the top-right area, click on it.
- To activate the dictation feature, toggle the Dictation button.
- To begin typing with the voice command, press the microphone button on your keyboard.
7.Save file to device
Despite the fact that you will be unable to access and see the file using any File Manager program, you may still access a file on your mobile device even if you are not connected to the internet by following the instructions outlined below.
- Complete the editing of a file that you wish to save.
- Select the three-dot icon
- Choose the Save As option
- Select the Browse menu item.
- Choose a location where you wish to save the file on your computer.
- To save the file, type the name of the file and press the SAVE button.
8. Read Aloud
If you have a large number of documents to read but don’t have the time to do so, the Read Aloud tool may be beneficial to you in this situation. This function is available to everyone who owns an Android smartphone. Just open the document and tap the three-dotted sign to the right of the document. Then select the option to have the text read aloud from the drop-down menu.
9. Pictures to PDF
If you need to transmit images as PDFs, you can do so. If this is the case, you may utilize the Microsoft Office program to convert your photos to PDF format. To accomplish this, take these steps:
- Select the Actions tab
- Select the Pictures to PDF option
- Choose the photographs that you wish to convert to PDF format.
- Continue to the next step.
- Click on the Done button to complete the process.
- You may save the PDF file anywhere you wish.